Important information and contact details
Data Controller. For all of our services, the data controller (the company which is responsible for personal data) is Scorpion Redpower Ltd. Registered address: Scorpion Redpower Ltd, Unit 3 High Holborn Road, Ripley, Derbyshire, DE5 3NW, United Kingdom.
Contacting Us. If you have any questions relating to how we use your personal data, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us using any of the following means:
Email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to us: Data Protection Department. Scorpion Redpower Ltd, Unit 3 High Holborn Road, Ripley, Derbyshire, DE5 3NW, United Kingdom
You have the right to file a complaint at any time to UK data protection supervisory authority, which is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), www.ico.org.uk. We would, however appreciate the opportunity to deal with your concerns before approaching the ICO.
Information we collect from you
The information we collect from you can vary depending on how you interact with us, this may include you name, date of birth, email address, IP address, physical address, geolocation etc. In particular;
- When you create an account, or purchase a product we will collect your name, billing information, delivery information and contact details such as telephone number and/or email address.
- When you register your product for the guarantee (http://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/register-here), we collect your name, address and contact details such as email address and telephone number. We also collect information regarding the product you have purchased, which dealer you purchased the item from, and your opinions of the product. There is also the option for you to opt into our marketing communications on this page.
- When you register to join our newsletter and product release mail outs, we collect your name, email address and interest (car, bike or scooter).
- When you complete a contact form, we capture your name & email address.
- If you engage with us online via our website, our analytics software (Google Analytics & Facebook Pixel) will capture your IP address, your location and how you use our website.
- If you use the dealer locator, and have given our website explicit permission we will use your geo-location to find dealers in a 50 mile radius of your location. This information is securely transmitted to our servers, and is destroyed once the geo-location operation is complete.
Information we receive from third parties
In some instances, we may receive information from other sources. Typically, this is either when a Scorpion Dealer registers a product on your behalf, or if we receive a drop-ship (direct) order from a Scorpion Dealer we will receive your delivery details and contact information that we supply to our courier (as mentioned in the ‘We may share your data with trusted third parties’ section below).
How we utilise this information
We use information held about you in the following ways
- To provide you with information relating to new product development and releases – where you have given us prior consent.
- To enhance the user experience whilst you are browsing our website(s).
- To contact you when you opt for customer collection, or to use your own courier – we will call/email you to advise when the order is ready for collection.
- When you order from us, or enter a competition we are hosting, we use your information to fulfil our contact with you.
- To comply with law enforcement requests.
We use multiple website analytic tools provided by third parties such as Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel to collect information about how visitors use our website services, including how you discovered our website, how you browse through the website, what operating system and browser software combination you’re using, and network/IP information. Both of these analytic tools place persistent cookies in your browser to identify you as a unique user for the next time you visit our site. These cookies cannot be used by anyone other than the service provider. Information collected by these third party analytic tools does not include personal data such as name, billing address, etc.
Cookies and similar technologies
We may share your data with trusted third parties in some instances to fulfil services between you as us. This includes
- We pass your contact details to a third-party courier company who may contact you via email or SMS to confirm the delivery data and/or time slot of your order.
- We pass your shopping cart information to either SagePay or PayPal to allow them to process the payment for your order.
- We pass your email address and name to MailChimp to allow us to create and send marketing campaigns (where you have previously given us explicit consent).
- We pass browsing data to Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel for performance analysis of the way visitors use our online services.
- We use an ISO accredited third-party cloud backup solution for protecting our data.
We only share your personal data as necessary for any third party to provide the services as requested or as needed on our behalf. These third parties are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions, and are prohibited for utilising, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than as they have been specifically contracted for (or with your consent).
International Data Transfers
Your personal data will not be transferred outside of the EEA (European Economic Area).
Accessing, Updating or deleting your data
Please contact our sales team (email@example.com) to access, update or request to have your data deleted. If you make a request to delete your personal data, and that data is necessary for the products you have purchased, the request will be honoured only to the extent it is no longer required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual record keeping requirements. Please note: If you request to have your details removed from our guarantee database, we will no longer be able to honour the product guarantee.
Data storage and retention
We’re committed to keeping your personal data secure, and have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We limit access to your personal data to our employees and sub-contractors on a need-to-know basis. If there is no business use for these parties to access your personal data, then access is prohibited by security measures such as passwords and user permission groups. All personal data is encrypted and securely backed up on a daily basis.
We only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose we collected it for, including for the purpose of satisfying any accounting, legal or reporting requirements.
We always aim to keep your data for the minimum time in line with data protection regulations and our processes. For example, we keep:
- Records of payment information in line with tax law and audit requirements
- Information relating to the guarantee registration of your product
If you decide to unsubscribe to marketing communications, we keep a record of this request indefinitely to ensure we do not send you direct marketing communications again. We may keep your data for longer if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons.
Your Legal Rights
You have lots of legal rights regarding your personal data, including the right to object to processing of your personal data or to withdraw consent.
- The right to request a copy of your personal data
- The right to request your personal information to be updated / corrected
- The right to request that your personal information is deleted
- The right to object to us processing your personal information, or to withdraw consent. In particular where we use your personal information for direct marketing. The right to object does not apply if we must process the data to meet a contractual or legal requirement.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights above, or if you have any questions please contact us using the email or postal address highlighted in the ‘Important information and contact details’ section of this policy.
When contacting us to exercise these rights, we may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. This is a security measure put in place to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who does not have the right to receive it. We may also contact you for additional information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Timeframe to respond. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within 30 days. In some instances, it may take us longer, especially if your request is complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated with the request progress.
Last update: 01/08/2021